The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme was launched in 1993 and has been running successfully since.
LEGAL BASIS AND RELEVANT LEGISLATION
The CBI Programme finds its roots in Dominica’s Constitution and the 1978 Citizenship Act. Its particulars can be found in the Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment Regulations, 2014 (Statutory Rules and Orders No. 37 of 2014). made on 22 October 2014. and in later amendments to the Regulations.
An application for citizenship may not be submitted directly by the main applicant to Dominica’s CBIU and may only be handled by an Authorised Agent. The Authorised Agent will assist the main applicant with the application, help obtain all the required documentation, and submit the application on the main applicant’s behalf.
• Right to live and work in Dominica
• Dominica passport holders enjoy global mobility and access to over 160 countries and territories worldwide.
• 3 months to citizenship approval
• No interview, education, or business experience required
• No requirement to reside in Dominica before or after citizenship is granted • Well-known, stable, and established investment environment.
The main applicant must demonstrate that he or she:
• is at least 18 years old;
• is in good health; and
• has enough funds to make the required investment. The source of these funds must be legal and clear.
Applicants can obtain citizenship through 2 routes:
1. A one-time. non-refundable contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
2. An investment in an approved project (generally a real estate development) in Dominica